- empowers families with limited financial resources to choose healthful diets and become more food secure by spending dollars wisely;
- exposes children to new fruits and vegetables and teaches why they are important;
- teaches parents how to plan, buy and prepare healthy meals;
- and supports communities in making the healthy choice the easy choice where people live, learn, work and play.
FoodWIse Funding Statement
EFNEP and SNAP-Ed funded programs
FoodWIse is funded by the USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – SNAP and Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program – EFNEP. SNAP/FoodShare helps families buy the food they need for good health. Visit access.wi.gov to learn how to apply for food assistance or call 715-349-7600.
SNAP-Ed funded programs
FoodWIse is funded by the USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – SNAP. SNAP/FoodShare helps families buy the food they need for good health. Visit access.wi.gov to learn how to apply for food assistance or call 715-349-7600.
An AA/EEO employer, University of Wisconsin-Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title VI, Title IX and ADA requirements. Please make requests for reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to educational programs as early as possible preceding the scheduled program, service or activity.
RELATED LINKS OF INTEREST
- UW-Extension FoodWIse
- USDHHS Food Safety
- Fight BAC!
- Be Food Safe
- Gateway to U.S. Government food safety information
- USDA Food Safety information
- Food Safety & Health (UW Extension food safety and food preservation information)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation (University of Georgia)
- Overeaters Anonymous
If you have any questions regarding nutrition in Burnett County, please contact:
Lisa Wydra, FoodWIse Nutrition Coordinator
Julie Yezek, FoodWIse Nutrition Educator
Burnett County – UW Extension
7410 County Road K, #107
Siren, WI 54872
Office Hours: Tuesday – Thursday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM